Monday, January 4, 2016

Preparing the Launch of my 60-Day Program (The Day Before)

To best reference this story, make sure you see my initial post on the subject HERE.

Wow, I start my program tomorrow, Jan. 5, 2016.

As I plug along my daily updates, it will serve as a memory for myself, but better yet, set a record for others that want to take a look under the hood of what this program is about -- and what they should expect. The best message will be to tell them that if I can do, so can they do it.  

There's really much to share, and over the 60-days you're peeking over my shoulder, there will be much insight for the one that would like to take this on for themselves.

Preparation is the key to getting this done, and this stage shouldn't be rushed. I hope there's much success selling these programs, but it's not done like selling widgets, or magic markers. There's a screening process that one has to get through, in order to be accepted into our program. If we can't see a commitment, then you're out. We want those that will do what it takes to succeed, and that's the only mindset that can get you through this process. 


Take for example running a marathon. Whoa,this is not something you're just gonna try... LOL. You gotta prepare, and be ready to go, and have the confidence that you can finish in one piece. I remember a patient once told me they were going to do a marathon and they didn't even train for it. I found this person back in my office after the race with several injuries. First off, they couldn't even finish and collapsed at mile 16. Ha, I'm surprised they lasted that long.

So, as I prepare I'll share with you a few items that I want to emphasize when anyone takes on this challenge.

One of my mentors in personal development created a unique goal setting program called the Oxcart Technique. This is part of a book that was published in 2014 called The Passion To Move Mountains. Because of it's time-tested success principles, I've decided to feature it to use along side of the programs we will be offering at Rocketship Wellness.


It has the same principles that you'll find in most goal setting programs, but this one is based on a simple story that has an action plan along with a failure and a success scenario. These scenarios are the paths that occur in life when we take action and when we don't. This becomes a short personal statement that is read twice daily. One of the reasons this system works... is the fact that your goal is constantly in front of you. Kinda like the saying -- "squeaky wheel gets the grease." If your wheel squeaks, it's gonna remind you to oil that baby so you won't be bothered by the noise. The author's name is Terry Fossum, and you can find him at www.terryfossum.com. Besides creating a great book, he's a great humanitarian and has projects in Africa where he spends a lot of time giving back to those in need.

Another mind tool I will be using for the next 60 days is hypnotherapy. Hypnotherapy works on the subconscious voice within, and bypasses whatever thoughts you might consciously have at any given moment. This is helpful, because there's a lot of voices within us that hinder us from succeeding, and this could pertain to anything. 

We help create a personalized hypnotherapy MP3 for you to listen to at least once a day (not while you're driving). To learn more about the power of hypnotherapy, here's one of the best featured on TED talks, and her name is Suzy Prudden -- click HERE

Okay, much more to do today... and thanks for tuning in. You comments, suggestions and questions are always welcomed.

Always count your blessings,

David
#losethegut
#fromdudtostud
#rswellness

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts and feelings. If a response is needed, we will do our best reply in a timely manner.