Tuesday, January 12, 2016

DAY 8 - LOSE THE GUT 60-DAY CHALLENGE

When it is obvious that the goals cannot be reached, don't adjust the goals, adjust the action steps.
Confucius


WE GET QUESTIONS...


I've lost weight and feel healthy on the South Beach Diet. Why do I need a detoxification program?



Okay… You found a diet you like... you've lost weight and you feel much better. I have no arguments that for now you've taken steps to become healthier.

The South Beach diet can be a great way to get folks moving in the right direction, and build self-esteem. This could be the perfect mindset to transition to a long term solution for becoming healthier and keeping yourself balanced.


I do have lots of issues regarding these type of products on a long-term basis. I believe it's great that anyone can find a way to get healthier, but we have to take a close look at that system. Is it a sensible, viable system for the long run? I'm sure it is for the company, because if you're on the program... you're buying their products and growing their company business.

I do find it interesting how the South Beach diet packages their product list. First they emphasize and much larger print basic information like caloric levels, fats, proteins, etc. Then in smaller print they have a section titled "other ingredients." These other ingredients are actually what makes up the snack bar, and the most important consideration when choosing what to eat or drink. I have many issues and problems having anyone ingest these type of ingredients on a long-term basis. I don't have time in this post to go into any detail about these ingredients but would entertain any specific questions you may have.

I am big on quality of foods… Namely what's in the foods that we are eating. I believe it's more important to consume the foods that are not altered with chemicals, added hormones or antibiotics. For your best health, I believe it makes a difference to go organic. I feel it makes a difference to consume foods and drink that the body can recognize. Go ahead… Ask me some specific questions in the comments below.

Now… Why do I need to detox? This is a big question that needs a lot of attention in order to understand. I first suggest to review the 60 day program HERE. Then I suggest you review my mentor's website that goes more into detail HERE.



BREAKFAST DAY 8


Here's one of my favorite breakfasts to enjoy. Puffed kamut (organic), young coconut, and banana. Fresh squeezed orange juice topped with Chia seeds.


LUNCH DAY 8




DINNER DAY 8

On the road tonight and purchased my foods and a great local health food store called Rainbow Acres. Here I have 12 ounces of freshly squeezed organic carrot juice with spinach and parsley, alongside a 2 ounce shot of pressed wheatgrass juice. Along side of a small cup of veggie soup, 3 chicken drumsticks, and a organic fuji apple. The pictures aren't stellar... because I was on the road.



Thanks for tuning in and offering your support, and remember to always count your blessings,

David
#losethegut #fromdudtostud #rswellness


DISCLAIMER: We make no claims that our information should be used to diagnose, treat, or cure any medical or health condition. We are here to provide information that can be used to facilitate your wellness. When you do things to improve your own wellness, you would be surprised to see how many ailments and conditions fall by the wayside and disappear.

9 comments:

  1. I simply used the South Beach diet good fats good carbs guide.very smalls cheap $11 handbook. Never used their product line or boxed items or bars. Didn't join their website or pay any dues or buy clenses. Just simple common sense after I read the very small tiny book ,I bought measuring, cups,spoons and a digital kitchen scale. 40 min on an elliptical daily, plus the LIFESTYLE of cooking the right foods and eating healthy detoxified my body,reversed my bad cholesterol levels and took my enlarged liver back down to normal size as if never a problem. South Beach isn't really a diet. It is a way of life. My advice on South Beach is don't buy the products. They never intended you to have them. They jumped on the band wagon since people were asking for them. Same with the box food. Cook . That simple. I just don't see a reason to "detoxify" . Simply dismissing something without actually reading the program is not exactly a good way to do business. .. maybe read South Beach ,not just highlights and excerpts , before you assume it all comes from a website or box. I see lots of healthy food up there ,healthy fats ,but that bowl puffed rice has way too many bad carbs, that out weight the fiber, and the Oj is very high on the glycemic index. Bannanas that are the right size is fine ,as a snack but for me all that natural fructose and natural sugar together at one sitting, would completely ruin my weight loss for the day, by stopping the burning process ,aside from have me hungry and craving more carbs in an hour. Unless your going straight to the gym to work off that breakfast it won't help you lose weight unless your calorie starving yourself or over exercising. Just my personal experience dropping 156lbs on South Beach diet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's good you don't eat those products, and eating healthy and balanced is one of the keys. When you are looking at what I'm eating, this shouldn't necessarily apply to you or anyone else. My main point is the quality of food and menu suggestions. The cleanse I'm on is not a weight loss diet, otherwise I would promote it that way. Now for me to lose the small gut I have... I will have to start looking more at the portions and cut back. What you have to understand... the South Beach Diet is a business. If it's helped you that's great. To eat healthy and live right is out there for the taking without any business promoting it. I've given you a link to help you understand why it's important to detoxify. If that doesn't make sense to you... I'm not here to convince anyone to do anything. My goal is to educate folks, and for them to make their own decisions. I believe that detox programs and cleanses are everywhere for a reason. They are necessary, but that's just my opinion... a doc with over 35 years in health and wellness. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
    2. Also, the bowl of puffed kamut is very deceiving. There's not much there at all in the bowl. It just happens to be sitting on top of the contents of the young coconut water :)

      Delete
    3. I agree with most of what your saying except the product line came from the people requesting it. And Cardiologist Dr Arthur Agaston wrote a huge book. The website and business end of it came after YEARS of people seeing amazing results. The business formed itself, he had to make it a business. It occupied his practice. Eventually I guess South Beach became more profitable, than being a cardiologist. South Beach isn't a diet. It's a lifestyle choice to be healthy and will also remove your gut. It will force your body to burn the fat wherever it is and you will build muscle. Do 30 crunches a day and increase it by 30 more every week. Add 30 min of cardiovascular and eat the South Beach way and your gut will dissappear. However you get there. I WISH you nothing but the best.

      Delete

    4. StackeybJanuary 12, 2016 at 12:30 PM
      Granted although you added chia seeds the amount of fruit and join together with the kanut is still too many high medium to high glycemic if you say down and showed me the numbers.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, no... burning is not the main part of detoxifying your inner self. Burning is the process of energy expended from the food and drink we eat. When someone eats junk, and continues to eat junk... that is burned off and continues to build debris and a toxic load to the system. On a scientific explanation, we have calories in and calories out. If there is more calories out than in, there will be weight loss. You can actually lose weight eating 7 days a week at McDonalds. Here's the link: http://www.today.com/health/man-loses-56-pounds-after-eating-only-mcdonalds-six-months-2D79329158. After reviewing what occurs on a detox program such as what I'm doing, let me know what questions come up. I gave you the links for your own education. Whether you believe it or not is your own choice.

      Delete
  4. Granted, although you put chia seeds in the oj, and replaced the rice with kamut, the amount of carbs coming from it all in one sitting doesn't help you burn fat, and burning is the main part of cleansing and detoxifying your inner self.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to share your thoughts and feelings. If a response is needed, we will do our best reply in a timely manner.