Friday, January 22, 2016

DAY 18 of 60 - LOSE THE GUT CHALLENGE

The focus should not be on talking. Talk is cheap. It must be on action.
Howard Berman
To understand how and why my Lose-The-Gut 60-Day Campaign got started click HERE

Support recommendations for any cleanse or detox program


EXERCISE


Today I would like to share with you one of my favorite forms of exercise. It's low impact, and provides a good cardio workout. Rollerblading!!
Actually, I'm a big time sports enthusiast. I like to watch sports, but also like to participate in them. My rollerblading career got started early on, as I remember having the metal clip-on rollerskates as a kid.








What fun we would have at Flipper's Roller Boogie Disco
When I came out to California in 1978, I was in my early 20s and joined the disco rollerskating craze. There was a place in West Hollywood called Flippers at the corner of Santa Monica Blvd and La Cienega. Of course... Rollerblades are now much more popular. I've been rollerblading for years and feel I'm an accomplished skater that can navigate most street environments.





I used to go out with the group many Friday nights called FridayNightSkate. We would start at the Pier on the ocean in Santa Monica, and traverse 10 miles along the beach and into Venice, and ending up with a nice downhill run down Montana Avenue to the ocean. One time we had a car that was under repair, and I began rollerblading from my office in West Los Angeles to the Pacific Palisades most every night.

Now if you plan to do any rollerblading for yourself, I suggest you get some lessons first. As you can see in my outfit, I'm very well protected. Make sure you are wearing a helmet, and pads for the knees, elbows and wrists. 

I took some lessons years ago with Olympic athlete Debbie Merrill... She's the best! She now has a great DVD for those that want to learn right HERE.


Here's Debbie Merrill in action... You just gotta love this!


BREAKFAST DAY 18


Whole grain hot rice cereal, blackberries, young coconut, navel oranges alongside
a blended up navel orange and blueberries. All organic

LUNCH DAY 18


Simple can be a great way to go for any meal at anytime.
Here for lunch I had a banana, kale chips and an organic navel orange.


DINNER DAY 18


Salads our option for any meal and for a cleanse. Salads are one of my favorite things to eat, because there's so much versatility in what you can do. And here's a salad with red leaf lettuce, Pepperoncini, mushrooms, blackberries, toasted nori, avocado, and a dressing consisting of balsamic vinegar, fresh lemon, and a dash of olive oil. All organic.


Thanks for tuning in and offering your support, and remember to always count your blessings,

David
#losethegut #fromdudtostud #rswellness

DISCLAIMER: We make no claims that our information should be used to diagnose, treat, or cure any medical or health condition. We are here to provide information that can be used to facilitate your wellness. When you do things to improve your own wellness, you would be surprised to see how many ailments and conditions fall by the wayside and disappear.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts and feelings. If a response is needed, we will do our best reply in a timely manner.