Monday, January 11, 2016

DAY 7 - LOSE THE GUT 60-DAY CHALLENGE

The great aim of education is not knowledge but action.
Herbert Spencer


Morning Thoughts
Okay, you got supplements and you got your diet. The rest is supporting characters that will make the difference when you go through a detox or cleanse. I can't say that I've been perfect... because I have set out to exercise 60 minutes per day. I believe that 30 minutes can suffice, and at least I've been able to meet that mark. 

I want to share a few things of what I'm doing with my exercise. I don't believe it has to be extremely vigorous... and the key is getting some movement to your body. Most of us live very sedentary lifestyles, and you can't expect to stay healthy if you're not getting enough movement. My choice exercise right now is rebounding and yoga. Rebounding are those smaller trampolines that allow you to get a good workout impacting a lot of strain on the joints.

Here's a great company that have some of the finest rebounders (fitness trampolines) around... check them out at RX Fitness Equipment HERE. The rebounder I recommend is the Jumpsport and you can see the higher quality models demonstrated below. You can get cheaper rebounders, but in the long run these will be your best bet if you use them all the time.



Next we have yoga. I love the freedom to just do my own routine. I can feel the tension and find some positions that will just take the tension and disperse it. I'm not an expert in the art, but have dabbled in it over the last 20 years. If you're in really good shape and you like a good workout, I suggest power yoga. One of my favorite practitioners in this category is Bryan Kest. He's located in the Santa Monica, California, but can be accessed on the Internet wherever you might be. If you're totally new to yoga, I would suggest to find a good facility that can give you the attention you'll need to get going. If you're in a big city, I know you'll find lots to choose from. Yelp may be a good place to look for reviews. A good outfit in Los Angeles with a lot of locations is called Yoga Works. They also have locations in Orange County, Northern California, New York, Boston, Baltimore, and Washington DC. Also I would suggest to Peruse YouTube and get educated. There are so many things you can learn in a short amount of time from so many great educators all over the world.

BREAKFAST DAY 7


Ezekiel whole grain sprouted toast topped with raw butter, figs, shredded coconut, Chia seeds, hemp seeds, along side tangerine slices. Freshly squeezed orange juice. Everything is organic.


LUNCH DAY 7


Green smoothie consisting of kale, mango, mixed berries, banana, dates, and topped off with a tablespoon of Chia seeds. On the side I have an amazing homemade raw kale chips consisting of red bell peppers, celery, onion, garlic, cashews, nutritional yeast, dates, sea salt. Of course all ingredients are organic. Wow… You have to try topping off any healthy beverage with some Chia seeds. I suggest stirring in 1 tablespoon per cup, and letting the drink sit there for a few minutes. The Chia seeds will expand and give you drink a marvelous texture.


DINNER DAY 7


Amazing mega salad. Romain lettuce, 4 ounces of ahi tuna, tangerines, oyster mushrooms, celery, sliced pepperoncini, with dressing consisting of lemon, balsamic vinegar, mustard, sea salt and ground pepper. 98% organic. Tuna seared in a cast iron skillet without any oil.

Thanks for tuning in and offering your support, and remember to always count your blessings,

David
#losethegut #fromdudtostud #rswellness



DISCLAIMER: We make no claims that our information should be used to diagnose, treat, or cure any medical or health condition. We are here to provide information that can be used to facilitate your wellness. When you do things to improve your own wellness, you would be surprised to see how many ailments and conditions fall by the wayside and disappear.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to share your thoughts and feelings. If a response is needed, we will do our best reply in a timely manner.